Hospitality and Tourism
Which pathway is offered?
- Hospitality and Tourism—This pathway encompasses three major service categories: travel agent, hotel and lodging manager, and food service manager.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Travel Agent
- Lodging Manager
- Food Service Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Travel Agent—$42,350/year
- Lodging Manager—$56,670/year
- Food Service Manager—$56,590/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date:Tuesday, April 9, 2021.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness certification
- CTE Skill Certifications:
- Marketing 1
- Hospitality and Tourism