Individual High School Courses
Through the Statewide Education Online Program, individual, tuition-free online courses are available to any student in grades 9–12, statewide, who is currently attending either a public school within his or her resident district, a private school, or a state-approved charter school. Students who are homeschooled may also enroll. There is no waitlist for individual enrollment. Once enrolled, students can take either six full-year one-credit online courses or a combination of semester-long half-credit courses equaling a total of 6.0 credits for the school year. These courses will be chosen from the K12 catalog offered through Utah Virtual Academy.
Utah Virtual Academy offers courses from the K12 online high school curriculum featuring:
- A personalized approach to learning that can help alleviate academic and social pressures and also support self-discipline
- Instruction by passionate, state-certified teachers, all qualified in their subject area and skilled in online learning methods
- Courses in all core subjects: English, math, science, and history
- Multiple academic levels for diverse learners: Core, comprehensive, honors, and AP®
- Six world languages: Up to four years of Spanish, French, German, Latin, Chinese, and Japanese
- Nearly 40 electives: Journalism, Web Design, Anthropology, Music Appreciation, and more
Ready to Enroll?
Step 1: Review the course offerings listed below and select up to six online courses.
Step 2: Set up an enrollment account on our Steps to Enroll in Individual High School Courses page and complete all of the steps in the enrollment process.
For more information, call us toll-free at 866.788.0364.