Technology and Engineering
Which pathway is offered?
- Programming and Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- 3D Animator
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Game Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Producer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$146,360/year
- Computer Programmer—$86,550/year
- Network Administrator—$83,510/year
- Software Developer—$107,510/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Certiport: Python, Java, C++, HTML5, CSS3NOCTI Web Design Exam
- ACT National Career Readiness certification
- Adobe Certified Associate certifications
- Web Authoring using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Graphic Design and Illustration using Adobe Illustrator