Which pathways are offered?
- Family and Human Services—This pathway helps students develop skills related to social services, including child and human development and consumer sciences. Students may learn about or practice managing social and community services or teaching family and consumer sciences.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Social Worker
- Teaching Assistant
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Social Worker—$51,760/year
- Teaching Assistant—$28,900/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 9, 2021.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certificate