Business and Marketing Education
Test drive a business and marketing course!
Which pathways are offered?
- Business Administration—This pathway focuses on planning, managing, and performing marketing activities to reach organizational objectives.
- Marketing—This pathway focuses on planning, coordinating, and implementing marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
- Business Information Management— This pathway focuses on preparing students for employment in careers that relate to the planning, managing, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Promotions Manager
- Computer Support Specialist
- General Office Clerk
- Administrative Services Manager
- Retail Sales Workers
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$39,850/year
- Promotions Manager—$135,900/year
- Computer Support Specialist—$54,760/year
- General Office Clerk—$34,040/year
- Administrative Services Manager—$96,940/year
- Retail Sales Workers—$25,440/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020.