Which pathways are offered?
- Animal and Vet Science—This pathway includes the production and processing of animal products and resources.
- Agriculture Production Systems—This pathway includes the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources.
- Food Science, Dietetics, and Nutrition—This pathway focuses on the development of essential food safety practices needed to select, receive, store, prepare, and serve food, as well as the skills needed to select food that meets nutritional needs of individuals and families.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Veterinary Assistant
- Agriculture Engineer
- Environmental Scientist and Specialist
- Dietitian and Nutritionist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Veterinary Assistant—$28,590/year
- Agriculture Engineer—$80,720/year
- Environmental Scientist and Specialist—$71,360/year
- Dietitian and Nutritionist—$61,270/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Monday, February 22, 2021.