Hospitality and Tourism
Which pathways are offered?
- Hospitality and Tourism—This pathway encompasses three major service categories: travel agent, hotel and lodging manager, and food service manager.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Travel Agent
- Lodging Manager
- Food Service Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Travel Agent—$38,700/year
- Lodging Manager—$53,390/year
- Food Service Manager—$54,240/year
* Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.